Friday, 3 October 2008

Awareness Begins and Ends with Me

During my walk I noticed this girl and her family walking towards me. The girl had her head down and didn't seem to be aware I was approaching. Just as we were about to collide, I stepped aside and let her through.

Now I could have told the girl off for not paying attention. What would be the point of that? It is my responsibility to remain aware and step out of "harm's" way not expect someone else to be aware for me. When I've had "accidents" I have reversed the effects by quickly waking up from that particular "dream."

My point is instead of expecting people to change so I feel better, I would rather just change within? I believe all that I am experiencing are within me anyway. When I make the adjustment within, that which seems to be outside changes or my behaviour changes.

Therefore, if a neighbour is playing loud music, instead of banging on their door and demanding them to turn the music down, I go within and become aware of my peace and bless the neighbours within me with peace. My neighbours are either going to turn the music down or I'm not going to be bothered by the music.

The other day on the bus some teenagers were playing loud music behind me. I wasn't in the mood to listen to their version of music. Before I took any action, I did the work within where I blessed everyone within me with peace. When my friends still persisted with their loud music, I asked the boy sitting behind me to turn it down and he did without any fuss.

Now there are people complaining about how they're scared of being around teenagers because of their attitude. Incidentally, I've just noticed an article on Yahoo News claiming one fifth of school teachers want the cane brought back in schools to discipline unruly children. Is this really the answer? I believe if society wants peaceful and loving citizens they could start by being aware of the peace and love within themselves. Then that reality will be expressed around them.

Awareness begins and ends with me.

Enocia

Related articles: Mind Reader; Using the Gifts I Have Been Given; My Favourite Channel; It's All in My Head; Cause or Effect?; Consideration; Be the Love You Wish to Experience; The Power of Love; The Love is All There Is Detonator