Tuesday, 9 September 2008

Take No Thought

When I went home yesterday my mother told me she had experienced what Jesus had meant by "Take no thought":

25: Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26: Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
27: Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
28: And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
29: And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
30: Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
31: Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
32: (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
33: But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
34: Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Matthew 6:
Mum said she woke up during the night wondering what she was going to prepare for us to eat. As she planned to go out and wasn't returning till the evening, she thought it might be a hassle stopping off at the shops on her way home.

In the morning her daughter-in-law turned up to collect some food my mother had prepared for her grandson, which she now does every week. My daughter-in-law had brought a big bowl of food.

"It was such a surprise when J brought the food for us. I didn't expect it at all," she smiled. "There was no need for me take thought. God had met our needs perfectly."

"God is always working and looking after everyone," I said. "What blocks people from receiving their supply is expecting their needs to be met purely through them or what they're used to. For example, if you look in your purse and you have no money to meet a need, you interpret the empty purse as being in lack. I might not have any money but God does. God could meet your supply through your neighbour, a friend, someone you don't even know, or source unheard of."

"Well from now on I'm not going to take any thought for what to eat or drink. I'm just going to trust in God."

"I think it's very exciting witnessing the wonderful ways God is working through each of us," I said.

And the food was delicious.

It is not my responsibility to worry about what to eat or drink, where I should live, or what I should do. All I need to do is trust in God and let God be God.

God has got everything covered.

Enocia

Related articles: Life is Unfolding Perfectly; Nothing For Me to Be or Do; On Being a Blessing - Revisited; God Can Afford Everything; How To Avoid Blocks; You're Thinking Too Much