Monday, 15 September 2008

Segregation and Integration

A few days ago, I had a dream about someone I used to have a relationship with over 10 years ago. I always felt I had a connection with him. At the time I didn't appreciate him but now I realise how much he'd given me. I still think of him from time to time. The dream of my friend was so real that when I woke up I wondered if this was the dream and that was real.

Two nights ago I had a dream where I was able to experience anything I thought of. I wanted to buy a friend some nuts but didn't have any money. I went to this shop and asked for a packet anyway. As soon as I was told how much it was, the money appeared in my hand.

In the same dream, I was speaking to two friends. They wanted to get somewhere and didn't have any transport. They said they'd prefer to travel by motorcycle. I told them I'd take care of it for them. As soon as I had the thought, the helmets appeared and then their motorcycles. It was the most natural thing to be able to manifest my thoughts instantly.

When I woke up from that dream, again I had the feeling that I had woken up to a counterfeit self and the me in that dream was the real me. Later, I watched an episode of "Star Trek Voyager" where Harry Kim finds himself in another reality where he hasn't yet joined the space ship, Voyager. Although he's with his girlfriend whom he adores, Harry isn't happy because he knows he doesn't really belong to that reality and wants to get back to Voyager. With a friend's help he manages to get back to his timeline.

I could relate to Harry Kim's dilemma because sometimes I feel like I'm caught in a time warp where I yearn to be the self in my sleeping dream.

The truth of the matter is all realities are dreams whether I'm sleeping or awake. It doesn't matter if I'm doing different things in different dreams, they are all aspects of Self. To want to be the me in one reality and not another is to segregate myself from myself and be fragmented. The only way to experience myself fully is to integrate all the parts that exist in all time and in all realities.

The me in the dream with my friend is who I am now.

The me in the dream where my thoughts come to life is who I am now.

The me in all dream realities - whether I'm asleep, awake, thinking, day-dreaming - is who I am now.

The me that is observing all dreams is who I am now.

I am the integrated Self within and without.
"When you make the two one, and when you make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside, and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye, and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter the kingdom." The Gospel of Thomas
Enocia

Related articles: Could You Tone It Down a Bit?; More about Supply and Taking a Walk on the Wild Side; The Future is Set in Stone; Stepping Outside the Box; Of Course I am My Body!; A Dream is A Dream is a Dream - Revisited; Dreaming the Future; The Fixers; That's Me!; The Observer; The Conference; Making the Inner and Outer One; Pull Yourself Together; I Change Not