Saturday, 6 September 2008

Seeing with Love's Vision - Revisited

One man one goal one mission
One heart one soul just one solution
One flash of light yeah one God one vision

One flesh one bone
One true religion
One voice one hope
One real decision
Wowowowo gimme one vision
One Vision, lyrics by Queen
Last night, my mother and I noticed they were doing a documentary about Freddy Mercury, who was the lead singer. Mum said she wanted to watch it. I didn't realise she was into Queen. She said she loves their song "I Want to Break Free." I think the video of that song is hilarious! :)

According to the documentary, Freddy was born in Zanzibar from an Asian family (Asian = people of Indian Sub-continent origin), and he and his parents moved to Bombay in India, where he lived till his late teens when they moved to England. It was only when he came to England that he could truly express himself.

I can relate to Freddy's need for the "right" environment to express himself. I feel Britain is the right environment for me to be myself. I was never at home when I lived in Sierra Leone; it just didn't resonate with my being.

It's funny how I've never thought of Freddy as Asian but simply Freddy Mercury, the British musician. When I saw his mother and sister and their dark complexion it was like I was seeing through a different lens where you can only see race, nationality, gender, sexuality, class, etc; compared to the lens I'm used to of pure Love that has one vision - unity.

After the documentary, I watched "Queen" in concert in Rio and they were excellent. It reminded me how much I LOVE their music.

This morning while I was waiting for the bus, I asked the lady waiting if she knew Freddy had Asian parents and she said she didn't realise. She said her son loves "Queen."

That's the magic of Love, it lets me see only love.

I still love you, Freddy Mercury!

Enocia

Related articles: Transcending Duality; My Birthday Party; Love Conquers All; Where the Heart Is - Part 2; Seeing with Rose-Tinted Glasses; Seeing with Love's Vision