Tuesday, 23 September 2008

The Real Me



Imagine I'm meeting an Internet friend for the first time in person at the train station. Before our meeting I email my photograph so he knows what I look like.

What if I decide to play a prank on my friend and send him someone else's photograph? Then when I arrive, my friend is not going to recognise me because he'll be too busy looking out for the other girl in the photo.

When I look at myself in the mirror I feel like my hypothetical friend at the train station looking out for the woman in the photograph, while being totally oblivious to the real me standing beside him.

The image I see in the mirror is not the real me but a representation of who I am; rather like when fashion designers present a collection of their work on the catwalk.

The real me is omnipresent, omnipotent and omniscient Light.

I am Light.

Enocia

Related articles: Segregation and Integration; Tripping the Light Fantastic; ET, You are Already Home!; Illumination; Being the Sun; On Being a Lighthouse; Not a Person; The Dream of Losing and Finding; My Vision; Mirror Mirror on the Wall; Through a Glass Darkly

Fractal designed by Ben Gilberti