Tuesday, 30 September 2008

High Flyer

A few days ago, my mother asked me to research Virgin Media on the Internet, which she is considering switching to as she's getting disillusioned with her current satellite provider. I liked Virgin Media's slogan on their website: "Wherever you live, we're there", which speaks of God's omnipresence.

Yesterday evening I went to my favourite bookshop, which I haven't been to in a while. I noticed a poster announcing that Richard Branson the billionaire, entrepreneur, businessman and adventurer was going to be signing his latest book in the store. (Richard Branson is associated with "Virgin Media"). I have always admired him from afar and thought it would be lovely to meet him in person.

I wondered what floor they were going to host the book signing. I presumed it would be on the fifth floor where they usually host events. I don't normally go to that floor. When I headed to the third floor, where I usually find books I'm interested in, I noticed a long queue. So that answers my first question - they're hosting it on this floor.

I wondered if Richard had already started signing his books. It will be interesting to see what he looks like close up. The moment I had the thought I turned round and noticed three men approaching. One of them looked very familiar. It was then I realised it was Richard Branson in the flesh, and he looked exactly as he does on television. While he was chatting to the men around him, I interrupted their conversation.

"Hello, Richard, can I shake your hand?"

"Yes, of course," he grinned his famous grin and grabbed my hand. "It's lovely to meet you."

"Me too."

It felt like meeting an old friend. I was so happy my wish had come true.

I grabbed a book from the shelf and headed to the second floor to read.

Later when I told my mother about meeting Richard Branson, she was amazed I had met him after she'd asked me to research "Virgin Media." She asked me if I'd washed my hand as she wanted to experience Richard's "magic touch." Too late, I already had.

It takes one high flyer to meet another.

Enocia

Related articles: Like Attracts Like; More about Blessings; What is Abundance?