Tuesday, 2 September 2008

As If!

As I was walking to the bus stop I hummed "No Scrubs" by TLC. Part of it goes:

I don't want your number (no)
I don't want to give you mine and (no)
I don't want to meet you nowhere (no)
I don't want none of your time and (no)

Chorus:
I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of his best friend's ride
Trying to holler at me
I don't want no scrub
A scrub is a guy that can't get no love from me
Hanging out the passenger side
Of his best friend's ride
Trying to holler at me
No Scrubs, lyrics
When I got on the bus I was still humming the song. When I got off and was crossing the road, I saw a man approaching and he grinned at me in rather a suggestive way. I thought to myself "As if!"

The Inner Voice reminded me I'd been humming "No Scrub" and I met a "scrub." If I don't want to meet no scrub I shouldn't hum a song about one.

Haha! That's so funny! I quickly changed my tune and hummed some love songs instead.

Just to make it perfectly clear, I love everyone but I don't want to date no scrub. :-)

Enocia

Related articles: Another Mirror Image; Be Careful What You Wish For Others; Keeping It Real