Thursday, 28 August 2008

Is/Isn't; I Am/I am Not

"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46: 10

I find I'm always preoccupied with two kinds of thoughts or states of being:

I'm either fretting about things I don't have, worrying about things that are not happening, having regrets about the past, and fearful about what's going to happen in the future;

or

I'm thinking about what is.

In other words, I'm either preoccupied with what I am or what I am not.

I believe the conditioned self thinks about what she isn't or what isn't; and the unconditioned self i.e. my True Self thinks of who She is or what is.

The easiest way, I find, to shut up the voice that frets about what isn't is to either think "I AM" or be in silence where I am being the I AM that is in all.

I don't care about what I'm not, I just know that I AM.

Enocia

Related articles: Absence or Presence?; I Have All the Time in the World - Revisited; Perfect Scores; Illumination; Love is the Only Cause I Support; The Double; The Two Paths; Being Full of Self; Breaking Out of the Projection Habit; The Spiritual Paradox; To Be or Not To Be?