Wednesday, 27 August 2008

I Have All the Time in the World - Revisited

As I was getting ready to leave, I checked the clock. I had enough time to catch the bus, as long as my mother didn't want me to run an errand for her. Then I thought, what's the rush? There is only ONE here anyway! By this I mean, there is only ONE Intelligence in control of all realities, so I can never be late.

Before I left I asked mum if she wanted me to run an errand and she asked if I could stop off at the post office and post a letter which required a stamp. When I got to the bus stop there were two buses waiting. After a few minutes, the driver let us on and we were on our way.

A woman who lives in the neighbourhood got on at the next stop and sat beside me. I remember she once gave me a lift to the station. I told her she looked well and asked if life was treating her well. She said she was fine but was running late.

"You know, I was just thinking about that," I said. "The way I see it, the moment I start to fret about running late, I remind myself that God is in control. Then I relax and let things flow."

"Yes, there's no need to rush when you know God is in charge."

At the next stop I got off to go to the post office. There were two guys in front of me and only one staff behind the counter. The post office worker was filling out a form and she seemed to be taking forever. While she was busy writing, there was a long queue building behind. Come on, I haven't got all day! Hahaha! OK, God, I know you are in control of everything, but can you speed things up a bit, as I really haven't got all day to be hanging around in the post office. Stuff to do, people to see, busy, busy, busy!

I believe the notion of being busy is an illusion. As I believe there is only ONE in control, whatever I have to do is really the ONE's activity, which is always in harmony with the all.

After I relaxed I was served in no time. As soon as I got to the bus stop, my bus arrived. Not surprising really as there is only ONE in control.

I have noticed that when I get in the "hurry" mode I'm sure the cells in my body get stressed and I feel myself getting tense and my body aches. That's not the way I would like to experience life.

Every moment of this day is under the command of the ONE; as will be tomorrow, and the next, and the next...ad infinitum.

I have all the time in the world.

Enocia

Related articles: Only One Here!; You Had Me at "Hello"; I Have ALL the Time in the World; What's the Rush?