Thursday, 28 August 2008

Another Mirror Image

One thing I enjoy is falling asleep during my bus journey. Actually, I enjoy sleeping at any opportunity. I could sleep for England, me.

One thing I don't enjoy is having to wake up at the end of the bus journey, or wake out of any sleep for that matter.

I had one of those moments yesterday during a bus journey. As I was getting into my sleep we arrived at the last stop. I was still feeling drowsy as I walked to the next bus stop. I was hoping to catch the next bus and resume my sleep but just as I was approaching the stop I saw the bus pulling away. Damn, now I'm going to have to stay awake and wait for the next bus. Is there no justice in the world?

I sat down on the bench. I noticed a man in a suit standing not far away from the stop. He didn't seem to be all there. He sat next me and said, "You don't mind, do you?"

I said I didn't though I couldn't understand why he was sitting so close when there was lots of room on the bench. Then I realised he was also drowsy - from alcohol.

Oh I see, my drowsy state was being mirrored back at me as this man. That woke me up. I prayed for my friend to move away. Just as that moment a taxi cab appeared and my friend got up and boarded the taxi.

Enocia: Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?
Universe: Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the fairest of them all?

That's the Universe for you, constantly mirroring back what I am being.

Enocia

Related articles: Shite Weather We're Having; Like Attracts Like